MTO Appropriateness Checks and Reviews
Periodic checks of MTOs are vital to ensure they remain an effective traffic management tool.
RTAA has the experience of carrying out MTO reviews in conjunction with TRO reviews and we are therefore in an excellent position to advise and assist you. We pride ourselves in having the most thorough process for checking the accuracy of MTOs and presenting them in a format compatible with your GIS system.
Our MTO review would typically include:
- Checks of validity against TSRGD 2016
- Complete analysis of all MTO revocations to create an accurate set of orders currently legally valid
- Comparison between the survey and the MTO records to highlight all discrepancies if requested.
- Advice on the way to deal with such discrepancies
- Mapping of an agreed new set of MTOs, using the Council’s corporate GIS system and avoiding the costs of bespoke software
- Preparation of the new MTO mapped schedules, written preambles and articles for the on street orders.
- Advice and assistance to implement a thorough process for ongoing MTO management post implementation.
Many Councils review TROs and MTOs simultaneously given how essential they are to prepare for further powers that could be made available under the 2004 Traffic Management Act. This can also include a full highway asset management survey and rewriting of orders. RTAA are able to undertake a full highway asset survey in conjunction with the work required for DPE and CPE.
RTA Associates Ltd is a privately owned company with no ties to other companies, service providers or suppliers. We concentrate on providing quality services and impartial advice within our specialist markets and are nationally recognised as a leader in the field.