Compliance, Occupancy and Length of Stay Surveys both On and Off street
Councils have identified the need for compliance, occupancy levels and length of stay surveys both on and off street to better understand driver behaviour and to inform supply and demand analysis. This also helps to develop knowledge of parking patterns and provides the information required to tailor the parking service to meet the needs of the customer and to the benefit of the road users. We offer our experience of all of these.
You may need:
- A record of the exact on-the-ground location of parking and waiting restrictions.
- A record (including digital photographs) of the condition of your parking lines and signs.
- An inventory of all your traffic signs.
- Hourly or other time-repeated counts of number of vehicles in a car park or in on street bays.
- Length of stay of vehicles in a car park or in on street permitted parking areas.
- Compliance with restricted and permitted parking restrictions and bays.
- Repeat monitoring (every 6 or 12 months) of survey beats to assess trends over time.
- Measurement of kerb capacity available for residents’ parking schemes or new scheme designs.
- Usage level surveys of residents’ parking schemes or other restricted parking schemes.
- Check of use of a parking facility by ticket/permit type
- Asset management surveys on the highway
We are able to help you identify the need for a survey, plan the work and carry it out, presenting you with a report and analysis of the findings. In conjunction with our mapping section we can present many of the results in map format or as GIS layers.
RTAA surveyors are able to travel to all parts of the UK to carry out a wide range of surveys. Because they are mobile, you will always get experienced surveyors and therefore a better end result. If you have a particular issue where you think we could help, please contact us.
RTA Associates Ltd is a privately owned company with no ties to other companies, service providers or suppliers. We concentrate on providing quality services and impartial advice within our specialist markets and are nationally recognised as a leader in the field.